What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register for classes, when you become a member of our library and cultural centre, when you register for an exam, when you attend a cultural event, or when you request a translation. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete a survey, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to enroll you on a class, to maintain registers and records, to communicate with you about courses, to process your payment, and to perform the service and contact you for the translation service.
If you agree, we will e-mail you a newsletter with information about upcoming courses and cultural events. If you would no longer like to receive e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive them.
Management of historical data
When you cease attendance at courses, or your membership expires, we retain the data on our database. Should you wish this data to be deleted, you can contact our customer service team at [email protected], and we will be happy to oblige. For security reasons, we reserve the right to ask for proof of identity before processing an erasure request.
Storing your personal data
All information you provide to us is securely managed. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which gives you access to the plateform MY ALLIANCE, you are responsible for keeping/modifying this password [strictly confidential], and we ask you not to share it with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or sent to us via e-mail; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please e-mail us at [email protected] or write to us at Alliance Française de Lucknow, Rana Prata Marg, Hazratganj, Lucknow. We will ask you for proof of identity. We will respond to your request within 30 business days.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. Please do let us know if there are any changes to your contact details.
Once you are no longer a member or are no longer attending our courses or wish to be removed from our contact lists, please e-mail us at [email protected], and we will be happy to assist with the removal of your data.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our website’s visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser’s settings. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your website experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Please refer to our “Cookies” section below for detailed information
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any of your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. Our website and database hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website and database or servicing you are excluded from this provision but have agreed to keep this information confidential. We may however release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, when requested by law-enforcement authorities, to enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties to assist us with marketing, advertising or other uses.
How to contact us
- By e-mail to [email protected]
- Or write to us at Alliance Française de Lucknow, Rana Prata Marg, Hazratganj, Lucknow
The majority of the cookies we use are of the analytic type, which count number of users, help us to understand how they navigate our site and improve the way it works, for instance by making search results more accurate.
None of our cookies store any personal information such as your name and address.
What are the different types of cookies?
According to the type of organisation which administers them:
- First party cookies: installed by our own website
According to the length of time they remain active in the user’s system:
- Session cookies: collect and store data only whilst the user is visiting the website.
- Persistent cookies: remain stored in a computer and may be accessed and managed by the organisation responsible for the cookie for a specific length of time, or until the user deletes it.
According to the purpose for which data are collected through the cookies:
- Strictly necessary / technical cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable the user to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart to carry out a purchase or make use of e-billing services. They allow us to control data traffic and communication, identify a session, request a membership or participate in an event.
- Personalisation / functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences such as region, browser type, etc.
- Analytical / performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Advertising / targeting cookies: These cookies record the user’s visit to our website, the pages visited and the links followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to the user’s interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We detail the type of cookies that we use on our website along with their purpose:
Cookies Banner Cookie:
Google Analytics Cookies:
Third party cookies.
- We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. to count visitors to our website and analyse their usage of the site to help us determine the value of our content to them and for advertising purposes. The cookies expiration data varies, some expire after the session ends, others after two years. Facebook Pixel:
- We use the Facebook Pixel code to monitor advertising performance, optimise ads and better target our advertising.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site or any other websites that you visit.
You can opt out of Facebook Pixel cookies by visiting the Adverts tab in your Facebook profile settings.